|The Trust’s aim is to develop strong, accountable governing bodies, made up of highly skilled, well-informed, well-trained governors, who ensure statutory duties are met, set a standard of excellence and are focussed on improving teaching and learning.
The range of services we offer include:
The Trust also provides a service to administer the appointment of governors on behalf of the diocesan board.
- support, advice and information about governors’ responsibilities and effectiveness
- an annual school governors’ training programme
- tailored courses for individual governing bodies
- programme for Chairs of Governors
- a telephone/email helpline
- guidance documents
- support for clerks to governors
“The Trust's support gave us a greater understanding of our roles and how we should work in our school, based on its current situation. The guidance was accurate and useful.”
~ ODST Governor
Our schools need people like you to be governors!
Have you ever thought of being a School Governor?
Are you someone ready to make a difference to children in our community?
Do you know, or are you someone who would like to contribute to the vision we have for our schools?