Join us as a School
Schools interested in joining ODST should in the first instance contact us, and our staff will work with you to explore whether ODST is the right place for your school.
The conversion journey
Once an agreement to apply to join ODST has been made, ODST staff will work alongside the school throughout conversion to facilitate the process. Key steps on the journey include:
- Carry out the necessary consultation with the community, parents and staff
- Hold a governing body meeting to consider the consultation responses
- Formally apply to join ODST and obtain the Secretary of State’s consent
- Inform the Local Authority
- Ensure that financial systems are in place to manage funding
- Ensure that the school site is made available to the academy trust via leases and supplemental agreements
- Transfer, renew or procure new contracts, service level agreements and licences and purchase insurance as appropriate
- Transfer under TUPE all contract arrangements for staff. This is a formal legal consultation process which is separate from the consultation with all stakeholders.
Questions? Visit our FAQs page