ODST delegates considerable autonomy to its Local Governing Bodies (LGBs) and we regard ourselves as a ‘bottom up’ rather than a ‘top down’ organisation. We aim to develop strong, accountable LGBs made up of highly skilled, well-informed and well-trained Members who ensure statutory duties are met, set a standard of excellence and are focussed on improving teaching and learning outcomes for pupils.
The governance of each ODST academy is undertaken by a LGB to whom extensive powers are delegated. ODST is committed to empowerment at a local level.
ODST develops and supports effective, knowledgeable and well-trained LGB Members through:
- a central Governance Manager offering guidance to LGB Chairs, Members and clerks
- access to high-quality training & resources
- bespoke LGB training to meet identified needs
- termly events for LGB Chairs and clerks
Our Governance Manager will facilitate support for LGB Members and school governance in a number of ways:
- Support with the appointment process for all LGB Members in ODST academies
- Access to advice by telephone and email
- Briefings on statutory changes relevant to Trustees and LGB Members
- Support for independent review panels, disciplinary, capability or grievance hearings
- Briefings for LGB Chairs
- Options to access training for LGB Members
- Bespoke training designed to meet individual LGB needs
- LGB representation at Trustee level
- Briefings on specific national and local issues
- Briefings and support for clerks
- Statutory and other checks and reports
- Support materials for Chairs and LGB Members
Want to find out more about our support for LGB Members?
Contact us via email