Supporting Local Governing Bodies
ODST develops and supports effective, knowledgeable and well-trained Local Governing Body (LGB) members through:
- a central Governance team offering guidance to LGB Chairs, members and clerks
- high-quality training & resources
- termly briefings for LGB Chairs and clerks
- support with the appointment process new LGB Members
- support for independent review panels, disciplinary, capability or grievance hearings
- templated policies and guidance documents.
ODST provides a wide range of training courses, events, and online support for local governing body members in our schools.
- Induction for new LGB members
- The role of the LGB Chair
- Safeguarding training
- Good governance programme: these modules cover a wide range of topics to support the knowledge, skills and understanding needed for effective school governance.
- Headteacher appraisal
- Preparing for Ofsted
- Finance - including individual school-focused fifinance training for whole governing bodies.
How to book:
The Oxford Diocesan Board of Education also offer a variety of governance training opportunities. Find out more about ODBE training.