Operations support for schools
Operational support includes:
- Model policies and guidance - view policies and guidance.
- Compliance checks – guidance on operational policies, and compliance audit visits on request, covering areas such as site security and risk assessments.
- Insurance queries – ODST arranges insurance for Trust schools, and provides advice about insurance queries and policy cover.
- Legal support and advice – access to an expert legal team covering the full range of possible issues.
- Health & Safety - a package of support including arranging for an annual audit of health & safety, provision of the Smartlog software system to log health & safety and accident reporting, as well as training and policy guidance. We can also provide advice regarding specific issues including accident reporting, risk assessment and fire risk assessment, water management and asbestos.
- Crisis Management – ODST provides a 24/7 emergency line and in the event of a crisis can provide operational and media support as appropriate.
- Premises Support - available through the Oxford Diocesan Board of Education Premises team. More about Premises Support.
- Contracts and procurement
ODST provides training and policy guidance, subject access requests, information requests and legal support, data protection and GDPR support for member schools.
Buildings & premises support
ODST benefits from the Oxford Diocesan Board of Education’s (ODBE) expertise in school premises management and development, improvement and capital refurbishment matters.
The team includes in-house building surveying and project management expertise, working alongside consultants and other experts. On joining ODST, a premises condition survey is produced and assistance is provided to the school in the development maintenance strategy document.
The ODBE premises team can liaise with the Department for Education (via the Education Funding Agency) to secure grants and funding, providing administrative and financial support. They also support schools on issues around site development – for example liaison with local authorities regarding expansions in response to changes in local demographics (e.g. new housing development).